ASUU Elections, or Why I Want a Tree to be Student Body Prez

Another year, another ASUU election. Thankfully I'm not running in this one. I learned a lot running with the ICE party last year, not the least of which being that I'm just not cut out for any sort of popularity contest. And thats very ok with me.

The thing is, I remember last year our platform seemed like such a big deal. Like, "Oh we're going to this, this, and this when I'm elected." Sadly, I actually believed that. When the NOW party was elected, I was kind of sad, but still interested in what they were going to do different the next year.

And the conclusion I've come to is that this year has been no different from last year.

This makes me question what exactly it is that a student body presidancy gets paid to do. I get the whole Assembly/Senate thing and why they're needed, but I feel like most of the platform comes from the people running for Presidant and Vice President. It seems to me that the Student Body President of a college is basically no different from a Student Body Presdient of a high school. So why are we paying them 1000+ dollars exactly?

I just don't understand the point of having a platform of any kind when none of it is ACTUALLY going to happen.

Hmm...actually...this could be good. So this is me officially announcing my candidacy next year! My platform will be:
  • The construction of a playground in space that every student could access for free.
  • The creation of jelly doughnut Wednesday where students only have to stare at the sky with their mouth open for 20 seconds and a jelly doughnut will fall into their mouth.
  • Free tuition for everyone.
  • Drafting Peyton Manning as our new quarterback, no matter that he's way too old for college.
  • Dragons. Enough said.


And my party will be called the Dance Party, where DANCE stands for:
Dragons
Aliens
Nectarines
Cotton candy
Eeeeeeeagle!!


And everyone will vote for me and when I'm president, I'll do exactly what every other president has done in the past in regaurds to their platform, aka NOTHING!!

But for this year...


Have a nice day!!