Things I learned this semester.

Well...its that time of year again! One week of finals and my sophomore year is halfway over! Whoo! Its funny though, because without a doubt those big, bad, scary finals will not cover the most important things I've learned this semester. Namely...

  • Living in a house with a 10:2 girl:guy ration girls isn't as obnoxious as I thought it was going to be.
  • Getting missionary letters is awesome. Actually, getting any mail at all is awesome. Even junk mail. "Hey! This random shoe company knows I exist! I'm so popular!"
  • Age old idioms lie, sometimes there isn't a tomorrow.
  • And sometimes hope is just a pesky feeling you want to get rid of.
  • But thats ok. Life goes on.
  • Andy Hoffman is basically the best professor of all time. The end.
  • Racquetball is an excellent class in which to meet boys.
  • Ironically so is the Presidents Circle shuttle stop...
  • My driving skills improve dramatically when I'm upset, and take a definite dive when I feel calm. Take that every statistic I've ever seen! You lose!
  • Midnight showings are sometimes really not worth the effort.
  • First dates are awkward, but this isn't always my fault.
  • Nathanael is a perfectly acceptable name for a little boy.
  • Sometimes one cricket trapped under a plastic tube can magically turn into two.
  • And then disappear.
  • And then reincarnate as a carton full of mice.
  • But only if you work in a lab.
  • Sometimes its ok to feed the chipmunks.
  • Never date anyone with an oxygen tank.
  • Or anyone who says they are majoring in jet pack construction.
  • Or anyone who refuses to speed, j walk, or play with face cards.
  • Facebook stalking someone is probably not a good idea.
  • But I'll keep doing it anyways.
  • Mormon crickets can be hilarious.
  • So can the word banana.
  • It takes more than blond hair to be a Jensen.
  • Devonte Christopher is a black guy.
  • And John Stockton is white.
  • Bent spoons can sometimes be named bent spoon.
  • Writing papers at 4 AM the day they're due can get you recommended for a writing internship.
  • LUST actually means "Large Underground Storage Unit"
  • You can make the sentence "I won't throw it at your face" mean about 7 different things by putting the emphasis on different words.
  • Having great friends can make an average year truely magical. (And I mean that literally. We have wands.)
Have a nice day!