Summertime: Lists and Dang Good Memories.

As I was packing up my stuff, I found a list I wrote in May of everything I wanted to do this summer. Needless to say, there was not very much I could cross off said list. Which is unfortunate. However, there are several things I could add.


I converted this storage container into a home fit for...well maybe not a king
 exactly, but a migrant worker would definitely find it adequate.
.
Ta-Da!! Four months of hard labor later...


I watched approximately 40 hours of
 Star Trek: Voyager in threeish weeks.
Mostly for this man...and because 

I'm a nerd.





I unintentionally stalked this kid  at one in the morning.
And then picture-napped this photo off Facebook...

I bought this car, and then cried over how much it cost me.

I learned that DI does actually have some cute clothes...
you just have to be inventive.

I said a wrenching goodbye to two of my best friends for two years...
and then promptly got over it.
Well, sort of.
I finally visited the
Mystic Hot Springs,
 and basked in the epicness of it.


I survived the Richfield Singles Ward without killing
anybody... a feat of amazing mental control.



I almost snuck in and went hot tubbing in a motel.


I participated in the best toilet papering job the Frandsen
home has ever seen. Not bad for a beginner..
.
 I learned how to use basic power tools,
 although the subtleties of  the
 whole "righty tighty, lefty losey" thing
 is still lost on me.


I lost my heart to an adorable kitten who then ripped it to shreds,
much as he tore apart my arm.



But most of all I learned a little bit about myself and the relationships I have with other people.
    None of these may be as exciting as going sky diving, or visiting the Hoh Rainforest in Washington, but they still made my summer amazing. And I'm infinitely more grateful for my wonderful friends and family.

    Now I move back to college tomorrow and I'm not entirely sure what to expect. I'm a little anxious about going, but another thing I learned this summer is that this home is too small for three adults to reside peacefully. So goodbye Monroe, UT and hello again SLC!

    Have a nice day.