Christmas numbers.

Back when I was a wee little lass (yes, I definitely was Scottish in those days) I used to count how many presents under the Christmas tree had my name on them. I didn't do that this year...mostly because I couldn't find where my mom had labeled them. We open our presents on Christmas Eve anyway, so thats over and done. (My mom always claimed it was some German tradition, but I just think she didn't want to deal with an over-excited child at 5 AM.) However, in the spirit of my inner child, and because I should really be writing a talk right now, I feel like listing off some other things I've counted on this Christmas day.

Number of...

Books downloaded onto my new Kindle: 27
Massive slices of chocolate cake devoured: 3
Episodes of Lost watched: 5
Times I've pondered on the parallels between Lost and Lord of the Flies: 8
Dollars I spent buying Lord of the Flies so I could re-read it to better understand said parallels: 7 
Times I've wondered how big of a nerd that makes me: .....1 actually. Just now.
Hours slept in past eight: 4
Times I told myself I was going to start writing my talk: 32
Times I've actually prepared to start writing said talk: 4
Words of talk actually written: 0
Blog entries written instead of talk: 2 (1 unpublished for now)
Weird, depressing, opera-ish songs about being weary listened to: too many (aka 1)
Thankful prayers said for not having an awkward family dinner this year: 3
Houses driven to specifically to see their Christmas lights: 1
Realizations that Christmas lights can be kind of ugly sometimes: 1

Yep...all in all a productive Christmas?
Have a nice day!!




Oh! One last thing.....