From the Eyes of a Lefty.

I recently took a test to see how many more years I have left of life based on my lifestyle. Unfortunately it deducted like two or three years off my lifespan because I was left handed. Apparently the stress of living in a right handed world is going to get me in the end...what a way to go!

But that got me thinking...it really is kind of stressful to be left handed. I mean, the only advantage other than epic coolness is trickiness on the sports field. I mean, look at all the things we left handed folk have to put up with:


  • right handed scissors-adjust or never cut paper again!
  • right handed desks-super annoying...nuff said
  • writing the english language-left to right? come on people!
  • writing anything on a marker board-everything thats written is immediately erased by your hand
  • using a computer mouse-always on the right side of the keyboard...always!
  • track pad on a laptop-my latest laptop finally got a track pad where you can switch up the buttons
  • credit card machines-swipey deal is always on the right, same with the pen to sign
  • gearshifts in cars-I guess if I was european it wouldn't be an issue
  • shaking hands-I always carry my stuff in my right hand..and thats the one everyone wants to shake
  • learning sports-I've gotten really good with mirroring what coaches show me. Unfortunately...
  • dancing-due to my automatic mirroring impulses dancing is now impossible to learn
  • arm wrestling-either way someone always has an unfair advantage
  • table setting-the cups are always on the right, which makes things awkward
  • eating in general-unless you exile yourself to the outside you're always bumping arms with someone
  • safety button on power tools-apparently if you're left handed you deserve to lose fingers
  • take picture button on cameras-always on the right
  • guitar hero-was a pain before they invented lefty flip
  • tv control things at the field house-on the right handle of the machines
  • corsages-my good friend Rachel Gale told me they're supposed to go on the left of your shirt, but if you're pinning it on yourself and you are left handed...yeah...
  • ignition in cars-on the right side
  • stereo in cars-same deal
  • my parents water pik-super awkward to use if you're left handed
Its weird, but after looking at this list, I kind of wonder what my life would be like if I were right handed. Would it really be that much more convenient?

Have a nice day.