On the tenth day of Christmas, or why Christmas is kind of overrated.

I have a confession to make. This may come as a shocker, but I don't love Christmas.

(Which, with all the emphasis everyone puts on it kind of makes me feel like I'm some sort of freak.)

Let me explain. When I was little, what do you think Christmas was about? Thats right...presents! I would start counting down from like February until that happy day where I could unwrap the veritable mountain of boxes with my name on them. Then I would spend the next two days in a blissful Barbie/Lego/Computer game coma. Now that I'm older though presents don't really mean that much. It's been a few years since I've gotten anything really all that exciting that I didn't know about before hand. ("Thanks for the Dustbuster, Mom! Its exactly what I asked for!") Which, you know, not really a big deal. Presents are pretty overrated. 

So since I can't be excited for what I was when I was little, what does that leave me? Pretty lights? Hot cocoa? Extremely cheesy music on the radio? I know that logically Christmas is supposed to be celebrating Christ's birth, but I also know logically that Christ was actually born in April...(unless you're the astrologist guy on the shuttle, then He was born on March 3, 5 BC, at 9:30 in the morning) which makes Easter a bigger deal than Christmas. Maybe Christmas has sort of become like Twilight to me. Something that was cool when it was more of a personal enjoyment, but once everyone else started freaking out about it and making money off it, it lost any appeal it may have once had.

Now before you decide to exile me to Mount Crumpet with my dog Max, there are a couple things about Christmas that I do enjoy. First off, I LOVE to give the perfect gift. LOVE LOVE LOVE. This is really hard to do sometimes, but when the fates align and I manage to pull it off...best. feeling. ever. The other thing I love about Christmas is watching Elf. Elf is just one of those movies that I've seen about a jillion times, but it still makes me laugh so hard I want to cry. ("Fraaaaansisco! Thats fun to say!")

So I don't know. I tried to make an effort this year to be really excited. Sadly, my efforts mostly included changing my laptop's wallpaper to something sort of Christmasy and doing this whole 12 days of Christmas blog thing, which I'll admit, is pretty half-baked at best. Maybe I could have a better attitude about Christmas if it just wasn't so commercialized, if I didn't feel like by celebrating it I was some crazy person just following a fad. 

Oh well, what can you do right?

Have a nice day!